St Peter's Advent Trail
Welcome to the Advent in Ardingly Trail
There are 24 Advent windows hidden in homes, shops and buildings around the village.
Each day in December one window will be turned round to reveal part of the story of Christmas. There is a letter in a star on each window which will become visible on its day in Advent.
To join our search, either collect a copy of the Code Box from St Peter's Church, or download a copy here. Once you have collected all the letters, fill in the code box to reveal the hidden message.
Can’t find today’s window? Clues will be posted daily on Facebook and a map showing all the locations is shown by clicking here.
The story so far…..
- God sent the angel Gabriel to a girl named Mary. (D)
- The angel said to her, ‘Don’t be afraid because God is very pleased with you. (R)
- You will become pregnant and have a baby boy. You will name him Jesus. (I)
- He will be great. People will call him the Son of the Most High God. (V)
- Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let this thing you have said happen to me” (A)
- Caesar sent out an order… that everyone’s name must be put on a list. (C)
- Everyone travelled to their hometowns to have their name put on the list. (E)
- So Joseph went to the town of David because he was from the family of David. (L)
- While Joseph and Mary were in Bethlehem, the time came for her to have the baby. (O)
- There were no rooms left in the inn. So she wrapped the baby with cloths and laid him in a box where animals are fed. (T)
- That night, some shepherds were in a field nearby watching their sheep. (V)
- An angel of the Lord stood before them. The glory of the Lord was shining around them. (B)
- The angel said to them “Don’t be afraid, because I am bringing you some GOOD news!” (H)
- Today your Saviour was born in David’s town. He is Christ, the Lord. (N)
- You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a feeding box. (S)
- All the angels were praising God, saying, “Give glory to God in heaven, and on earth let there be peace to the people who please God.” (U)
- So the shepherds went quickly and found Mary, Joseph and the baby. (W)
- Then the shepherds went back to their sheep, praising God and thanking him for everything that they had seen and heard. (A)
- After Jesus was born, some wise men came from the east. (D)
- When the wise men saw the star, they were filled with joy. (I)
- They went to the house and they bowed down and worshipped the child. (V)
- They gave him treasures of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. (S)